As a dog owner myself it is is hard to imagine coming to Exmoor without a dog because this wonderful countryside environment is perfect for dog walking. Well behaved dogs and responsible owners are therefore welcomed and most of the local pubs are dog friendly. We have recently built a new utility room which Daisy our labradoodle has given it the seal of approval as being a dog friendly drying room too!
Before we agree to dogs staying in our accommodation, however, we require further information from the owner about the age and breed of dog and if it has any bad habits. As you will appreciate it is essential that our high standard of accommodation is retained for future guests and therefore guests who wish to bring their dogs with them must agree to our terms and conditions: (link to terms and conditions) and by signing the booking form take full responsibility for paying for any damage incurred.
- Dog owners are responsibile for picking up dog mess in the garden because this is beyond the remit of my housekeeper’s duties. The gardens are regularly used by children playing so it is essential that dog mess is not left lying around. There are numerous walks from our doorstep where you can exercise your dog and there is a dog poo bin approximately a minute’s walk from our house at the toll road junction
- Dogs must be treated for fleas and worms prior to arriving to stay at Maxwelton or Bracken.
- Dogs must not be left alone and unattended in Maxwelton and Bracken Apartment.
- Dogs are not allowed on the furniture.
- If your dog gets wet and dirty during your walks please try to dry and clean it off as much as possible prior to bringing it inside our accommodation.
- Dogs must be fully house trained and not suffering from any incontinence
Charge per dog: £25 per week for 1 dog, £10 per week for any additional dogs
Our policy is usually to accept a maximum of 2 dogs staying in Maxwelton and 1 dog staying in Bracken, however if the dogs are small breeds it may be possible to accept 3 dogs in Maxwelton and 2 in Bracken subject to discussion.
Regretfully to safeguard our accommodation we do not accept puppies or dogs who have a habit of chewing or barking, or dogs who suffer from incontinence. You will be charged if an exceptional amount of cleaning has to be undertaken following your stay due to dirty wet dogs or if your dog causes any damage.
Link to Dog Friendly Cottages website