Terms and conditions of booking
EXMOOR HOLIDAYS – MAXWELTON HOLIDAY COTTAGE AND BRACKEN APARTMENT
TERMS AND CONDITONS OF BOOKINGS
1. The person who makes the booking (the hirer) certifies that they are over 18 years of age and are authorised to agree to these booking terms and conditions on behalf of all persons staying in the property, and agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
2. A booking is accepted when you receive written/email confirmation. If the details on it are incorrect you should contact Exmoor Holidays immediately. If a provisional booking is made by telephone, the accommodation will be held for 5 days pending receipt of a completed and signed booking form.
3. A deposit is payable on booking. The balance is payable 6 weeks prior to the holiday commencement date. If the reservation is made less than 6 weeks in advance of the commencement date, the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
4. Once a booking has been confirmed, a contract exists and the Hirer is responsible for the payment of the full rental. If you have to cancel your holiday you must notify us immediately by telephone, and then confirm it in writing by first class mail. We will then endeavour to re-let it for you, and if we are successful you will only forfeit the deposit. If, however, the property is not re-let the balance remains payable to the owner on the due date. We recommend you take out holiday insurance to cover yourself in such circumstances.
5. For short break holidays the same booking conditions apply, but in the event of a short notice booking which does not have time for postal confirmation or allow time for cheques to clear, full payment must be made by bank transfer
6. Only the persons stated at the time of booking will be allowed to stay in the property. The number of people occupying the property must not exceed the number booked. The owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not complied with.
7. Unless otherwise agreed, the property will be available from 4.00 pm on the day of your arrival and should be vacated by 10.00 am on the day of departure
8. The hirer shall keep the holiday accommodation and all furniture, fittings, fixtures and effects in or on the holiday accommodation in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday and shall leave the holiday accommodation in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The Hirer will be billed if the accommodation is left in a dirty and unreasonable state necessitating extra cleaning time. The Hirer must report and pay to the owners the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy.
9. The entire property operates a strict no smoking policy. If you smoke outside the house please ensure that cigarette butts are disposed of safely and not left lying around.
10. No dogs or pets are allowed unless by prior arrangement with Exmoor Holidays. If Exmoor Holidays agree that the hirer shall bring a dog into the accommodation they must agree to the following conditions: The hirer agrees that his/her dog will be controlled and supervised and will not cause excessive damage or nuisance. If your dog fouls anywhere on site the mess must be removed, bagged and discarded in the dog bin located just down the lane opposite the Ship Inn, (where the road forks). Dogs must have been treated and be free of fleas before their arrival. You must bring your own dog bed with you because under no circumstances are dogs allowed to lie on the beds, chairs or settees. Dogs must not be left alone in the apartment unless confined in their own cage. Do not use any of the crockery provided in the accommodation for feeding your dog. Under extreme circumstances and at the owner’s discretion guests may be asked to remove their dog from the site.
11. The owner and their agents reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for reasonable cause. Our gardener tends to the garden on a weekly/fortnightly basis for a couple of hours a week.
12. The hirers rights to occupy the property may be forfeited without compensation if:
a) People other than those specified on the booking form attempt to take up occupation
b) Overnight guests are entertained without the owner’s prior permission
c) Any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage, noise or disturbance.
d) Any member of the party smokes within the accommodation or public enclosed areas
13. The hirer and his/her party are welcome, at their own risk, to use the garden area allocated including garden furniture. You must supervise your party and ensure all garden furniture, etc are safe, suitable and properly used. Any item that becomes unsafe should be withdrawn and brought to our attention. Please see clause 10 relating to dogs fouling in the garden.
14. Children under the age of 14 years of age must not be left unattended.
15. Vehicles are parked at the property at the hirer’s own risk.
16. The owners will accept no responsibility for accidents for those whilst staying at the property, nor will they accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property, however it may be caused.
17. Any item left in the accommodation after your departure must be claimed within one month after which time we will dispose of it. An appropriate sum to cover post and packing must be sent before the item can be forwarded.
18. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that his/her party are fully aware of the conditions of hire.